About the Conference
Green Room Sessions International Conference aims to be platform for international scientific discussion on agriculture in general as well as agriculture in conjunction with economics and ecology, food and nutrition science and technology, rural development, environment and forestry. Green Room Sessions brings together and is connecting research, industry, social concepts and practices. The scientific core is based on applying Eco-Eco (ecological-economical) concepts and principles to optimize interactions between natural, social and built components of the rural environments: plants, animals, soil, water, air, humans and man-made structures. In addition, Green Room Sessions will place social issues at the centre of solutions for a sustainable and fair food system. Green Room Sessions are targeting to multiple benefits to society and the environment, by bringing people together and providing them the opportunity to sit together and exchange ideas and connect the business.
In November 2018, the 1st Green Room Sessions International Conference will provide an opportunity to share experiences and build the evidence base on agriculture, forestry, human interactions and built environment, as well as reaching a consensus on the priorities for achieving more sustainable food systems. It also endorsed Institutional roles of National services, Regional and International organisations in supporting further implementation and promotion of Eco-Eco (ecological-economical) concepts and principles.
Dialogue between the participants will target:
- Enhancing smallholder and family farmers’ adaptation and resilience to the impacts of climate change;
- Improving nutrition including through more diversified diets;
- Protecting and enhancing agro-biodiversity in support of ecosystem services;
- Improving livelihoods in rural areas;
- National Food Wealth, the holy trinity: agriculture, economics and ecology (a x e2). Mutual interconnections and how to deal with them and how this mix influence National Food Wealth and National Health.
achieving a transformative change in agricultural practices towards sustainable development.
The Green Room Sessions International Conference will synthesize and build on the outcomes of the regional meetings, and provide an opportunity to share and discuss policies that can help scale-up and scale-out agriculture, rural development, agroecology, nutrition in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Symposium will also move the topic of agriculture and rural development from dialogue to activities at the regional and country level by complementing on-going initiatives to integrate biodiversity and ecosystem services in agriculture, identifying opportunities for synergies with National Strategic Programmes and Regional Initiatives, and facilitating regional and International cooperation between the scientists and business.
Green Room Sessions International Conference as a final goal is looking forward to assist people from the rural areas, related business, agriculture and allied sectors to take the advantage of:
- Natural resources, secure access to land and water, and improved natural resource management and conservation practices;
- Improved agricultural technologies and effective production services;
- Linking the interested parties with financial services;
- Transparent and competitive markets for agricultural inputs;
- Opportunities for rural off-farm employment and enterprise development;
- Local and national policy and programming.
A new action-oriented will be launched in co-operation with major partners, inviting for active participation international organisations active in Montenegro and the Region, such as International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), European Commission (EC), and others.
The official Conference language is English.
All submitted Abstracts and Full papers for Green Room Sessions Conference are peer-reviewed and will be presented in the Book of abstracts (before the Conference printed and online available) and Conference Proceedings (online available at the www.greenrooms.me).
(1) Plant production; (2) Plant protection and food safety; (3) Genetic resources; (4) Phytochemistry and Medicinal Plants; (5) Animal husbandry; (6) Rural development and agro-economy; (7) Rural Environments and Architecture; (8) Environment protection and natural resources management; (9) Forestry.
Unlocking innovative, integrated, multidisciplinary science and technology
Activation of all dimensions of sustainable development goals for all
Time: 2018-11-01 - 2018-11-04
City: Podgorica, Montenegro (42°25'52.6"N 19°15'45.8"E, 42.431285, 19.262732)
Additional info: www.greenrooms.me
Link to programme and more information about the Green Room Sessions International Conference (www.greenrooms.me).